Mrs. Queen Bee
Welcome back to part 2 of my Styling Session Series – Blazer Edition. Today’s look is all about incorporating the pale blue blazer and styling it for a brunch with the girls or maybe ever a art gallery opening! I, like many others, went to Target the day that Victoria Beckham’s collection launched and managed to snag this lovely bee silk scarf. I had no idea that it was so sought after until posting it on my Instagram only to have multiple people comment and ask how I got it. “Its sold out everywhere!” As I’ve mentioned before in previous posts, I’m oddly drawn to bees or any type of insect. Let me be clear about that though – not a living insect! Primarily fashion jewelry or prints on scarfs etc:-) I’ve outlined a few simple tips and tricks for this buzzworthy look below.
Styling your Blazer – Smart Casual
- Not sure what necklace to wear – how about none? Throw on a fun printed scarf (bees or other print) and work that blazer! Scarfs a great because there are so many ways to tie them to create a different look.
- Wearing a top as simple as a crewneck tee underneath will keep all eyes on your silk scarf
- If you aren’t a huge fan of scarves, no worries. Try out a statement brooch -look for a larger piece and possibly colored
- Dark denim is always slimming + if you really want to keep the legs going on for miles then stick with a neutral pump
- Roll up the sleeves on the blazer, especially if they have a fabulous pattern. I loved the feminine blue/white stripe on the inside of mine!
Blazer + Pumps: J.Crew
Tee + Jeans: Madewell
Sunglasses: Fendi (vintage)