mrs. Ladylike’s Fall Picks at Polaris
I know it technically doesn’t feel like fall yet since it IS still 80 degrees out, but it’s fun to go out and do a little fall shopping to prep for the season! I did my research months ago when fall fashions were hitting the runways and here’s what I found to be the latest and greatest that would hit stores:
- Capes/Wraps: This fab BCBG Max Azria wrap pictured above is from Von Maur. It’s a great neutral that can be thrown on with anything! Von Maur at Polaris has an excellent selection of wraps/ponchos, so be sure to check them out.
- Fur/Faux Fur: Madewell is known for their amazing denim, and they definitely didn’t disappoint in that department. I found a pair of black skinnies that fit like a GLOVE. The black vest (shown above) is a great transitional piece from Fall – Winter, so I knew it would be a staple to add to my wardrobe.
- Shearling: I found this shearling stunner at Saks Fifth Avenue and it was by designer Diane von Furstenberg. Not only was this coat beautiful on the outside, but when I tried it on, I literally felt like I could just roll into bed with it! It was so soft and cuddly, and the leather pocket and lapel trim felt like butter. You can incorporate this fall trend in anything from vests to coats. Give it a try, at least you know you won’t be cold!
- Lace Detail: I apologize for the poor photo quality of this dress from Alice & Olivia at Saks Fifth Avenue. There is a gorgeous delicate lace detail on the top and bottom of the dress, so you can instantly make it your updated fall little black dress! This is just one of many beautiful fall dresses that you can find from this designer.
- Exotic Skins: A big fashion trend this fall for handbags is exotic skins, just like this Fendi peekabo python bag from Saks Fifth Avenue. Super chic + the bright color is perfection.
- Velvet: Velvet anything. I am particularly fond of these Jimmy Choo multi strap sandals…actually make that the entire Saks shoe salon:-)
- Pumpkin Spice Color + Off the shoulder: Surprisingly the off the shoulder look is not going away for fall! It shouldn’t come as a shock that the color, pumpkin spice is going to be on trend (not in a basic way either). I found this super cute off the shoulder top in pumpkin spice at The Limited. Double score!
All of these pieces and much more can be found at Polaris Fashion Place
Thank you to Polaris Fashion Place for sponsoring this post!